Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Key Legislation
- What’s the Difference between Harassment and Discrimination?
- Protected Criteria
- Who’s Most Likely to Be the Perpetrator of Harassment or Discrimination?
- Is One Mistake Enough?
- What’s the Cost of Harassment and Discrimination?
- Discrimination occurs when an employer treats someone unfavorably because of a personal characteristic protected by law. Which of the following charac...
- An individual feels as though the screening process for a job that he is interested in does not qualify him to succeed due to his medical condition.Tr...
- Sexual Harassment
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Examples of Quid-Pro-Quo Sexual Harassment
- Hostile Workplace Sexual Harassment
- What About Dating in the Workplace?
- Sexual Harassment and Travel
- Friendly Behavior: Where’s the Line?
- Why is it Important to Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
- Important Sexual Harassment Supreme Court Cases
- Responding to Sexual Harassment
- Which of the following scenarios could be constitute sexual harassment? (Choose all that apply)
- True or False: If you observe sexual harassment taking place in the workplace, it is best to let the employees involved deal with it between themselve...
- Other Kinds of Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Age-Based Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity / Expression
- Family Status / Marital Status
- Discrimination Based on Physical or Mental Disability
- What Counts as a Physical or Mental Disability?
- Reasonable Accommodations for Disability
- HIV-positive employees in healthcare settings
- Which of the following physical or mental conditions is/are NOT protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)? (Choose all that apply)
- Abusive Conduct
- Abusive Conduct and Bullying
- Hiring Process
- Reporting and Investigating Harassment and Discrimination
- Clear, Open Way to Report
- Reports Should Trigger an Investigation
- What Constitutes an Effective Investigation?
- An Investigation Does Not Always Mean “Guilty”
- Results of an Investigation
- True or False: In any company, an employee should only report harassment events to their direct supervisor or manager.
- An employee, Wesley, accused his supervisor of discrimination after his two female coworkers were promoted before him. Wesley had not realized the add...
Level of instruction: Basic
Intended audience: All healthcare personnel.
Author information: Mrs. Balliet has served as Vice President of Human Resources since 2015. Mrs. Balliet joined NeoGenomics in 2008, and has steadily increased her responsibilities and was previously serving as Director of Human Resources. During her time at NeoGenomics, she has managed Human Resources as the Company grew from 100 employees to more than 800 employees in mulit-site and multi-state locations, including Florida, Tennessee, Texas, and California. Mrs. Balliet is responsible for all areas of Human Resources, including recruiting, training, compliance, compensation, incentive plans, and organizational development. Mrs. Balliet received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and her Master of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Florida.
Author information: Tim Westover is the senior web architect for MediaLab, Inc. He received his Bachelor's degree in English from Davidson College and his Master's of Internet Technology from the University of Georgia. He has worked with MediaLab since 1997, developing the software platform on which MediaLab courses are created and delivered. Tim has current experience in employee management, including administrating employee education and orientation programs.
Reviewer information: Leah Coppolino, MPH, MLS(ASCP) is a Program Director for MediaLab Inc. Previously, Leah was the Director of Education and Outreach as well as the Medical Laboratory Science Program Director at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She holds a Masters in Public Health from Thomas Jefferson University.