This course reviewed some of the key learning goals relevant to HDFN and its investigation, prevention, and treatment.
More specifically, the course reviewed the following topics:
- Historical aspects of HDFN due to anti-D and its prevention
- HDFN due to antibodies in the ABO, Rh, and other blood group systems
- Clinical symptoms and associated laboratory test results in HDFN
- Best practices related to perinatal testing programs to prevent and diagnose HDFN
- Characteristics and uses of RhIG
- Interpretation of typical serologic test results when investigating HDFN
It may be worthwhile to read the literature and online resources in "Further Reading" as these reinforce key points, add to the depth of learning, and enrich the course materials.