Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Voluntary Compliance Program
- What is a Voluntary Compliance Program?
- Seven Elements of a Compliance Program
- Seven Fundamental Elements of a Voluntary Compliance Program
- Element 1
- Element 2
- Element 3
- Element 4
- Element 5
- Element 6
- Element 7
- Your healthcare facility has a compliance officer (CO) and a Compliance Committee. Which of the following statements is true regarding the individuals...
- Laws and Regulations
- Laws and Regulations Applicable to Medicare
- The law that prohibits healthcare providers and payers from improperly or inappropriately using a patient's confidential health information, requires ...
- Compliance Issues
- Fraud and Abuse
- Fraud and Abuse, continued
- Billing for Patient Tests and Services
- Processes and issues related to Medicare Reimbursement
- Medical Necessity
- Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN)
- ABN, continued
- ABN Form CMS-R-131
- Responsibilities for Medicare Compliance
Intended Audience: All healthcare personnel.
Level of Instruction: Basic
Author information: Christopher Young, of Laboratory Management Support Services, Phoenix, AZ, is an independent consultant, and nationally recognized speaker and expert currently specializing in compliance, sales and marketing, and customer service, as they pertain to clinical laboratories. He has extensive first-hand laboratory experience, in positions ranging from phlebotomist, to decision support coordinator, and in his consulting practice.
Reviewer information: Barbara Cebulski, MS, MLS(ASCP) has over 40 years of experience in the medical laboratory profession as a technologist, section supervisor, and laboratory manager. She was an Inspection and Technical Specialist for nine years with the College of American Pathologists in the Laboratory Accreditation Program and, until her retirement in 2015, was Program Director for MediaLab, Inc. Barbara holds a Masters in Instructional Technology from Georgia State University.