Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Personnel and Qualifications
- Types of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Director Responsibilities
- Director Qualifications
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervisor Qualifications
- Technologist Responsibilities
- Technologist Qualifications
- Technician Responsibilities
- Technician Qualifications
- Summary of Qualifications
- Public Health Laboratory Scientists
- Approved National Certification Examination Agencies
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory director?
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory supervisor?
- Categories for Specialties
- Description of Specialties (1) Scope of Practice
- Description of Specialties (2) Scope of Practice
- Description of Specialties (3) Scope of Practice
- Description of Specialties (4) Scope of Practice
- Clinical laboratory personnel who are licensed in the specialties of immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology, and serology / immunology may p...
- Specialists in histology, blood banking, and histocompatibility may perform all tests associated with immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology...
- Licensing Process
- Applying for a new license
- Renewing a license
- Renewal of Clinical Laboratory Personnel License
- Inactive Status
- Current Address
- Delinquent License
- How often must clinical laboratory personnel licenses be renewed?
- If you move out of state, you do not need to notify the Board.
- Continuing Education
- Violations and Disciplinary Action
Level of Instruction: Basic
Author information: Brenda Van Der Heyden, MT(ASCP) is a former Compliance Officer and Lab Administrative Director and is licensed in Florida as a supervisor. She is currently a consultant for compliance issues and physician office lab operations. Brenda graduated with a BSMT degree. She is the past president of the Florida Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists and past co-chair of the Florida Coalition of Professional Laboratory Organizations. She is currently serving as the Vice-Chair for the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel for the State of Florida.
Reviewer information: Mary Schaller, MLS (ASCP) is a technologist at Gulfcoast Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida. In her 40 years as a laboratory scientist, Marcy has also been a student instructor, an LIS coordinator, and a laboratory manager.
Reviewer information: Carleen Van Siclen, MLS(ASCP)CM, TS(ABB) is the Chair of the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel. She has served as a Board member for the past 8 years. She is licensed in Florida as a supervisor in multiple specialties. She is an active member of the Florida Society of Clinical Laboratory Science. In her current role, she is the manager of laboratory education and professional development.