Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Personnel and Qualifications
- Types of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Director Responsibilities
- Director Qualifications
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervisor Qualifications
- Technologist Responsibilities
- Technologist Qualifications
- Technician Responsibilities
- Technician Qualifications
- Summary of Qualifications
- Public Health Laboratory Scientists
- Approved National Certifying Agencies
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory director?
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory supervisor?
- Categories for Specialties
- Description of Specialties (1)
- Description of Specialties (2)
- Description of Specialties (3)
- Description of Specialties (4)
- Clinical laboratory personnel who are licensed in the specialties of immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology, and serology / immunology may p...
- Specialists in histology, blood banking, and histocompatability may perform all tests associated with immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology...
- Licensing Process
- Applying for a new license
- Renewing a license
- Renewal of Clinical Laboratory Personnel License
- Inactive Status
- Current Address
- Delinquent License
- How often must clinical laboratory personnel licenses be renewed?
- If you move out of state, you do not need to notify the Board.
- Continuing Education
- Violations and Disciplinary Action
Author information: Brenda Van Der Heyden, MT(ASCP) is a former Compliance Officer and Lab Administrative Director and is licensed in Florida as a supervisor. She is currently a consultant for compliance issues and physician office lab operations. Brenda graduated with a BSMT degree. She is the past president of the Florida Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists and past co-chair of the Florida Coalition of Professional Laboratory Organizations. She is currently serving as the Vice-Chair for the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel for the State of Florida.
Reviewer information: Garland E. Pendergraph, PhD, JD, MLS(ASCP)SM, HCLD/CC(ABB) is Laboratory Director & Director of Laboratory Operations, Quest Diagnostics-Valdosta RRL. Dr. Pendergraph is the laboratory director for Quest Diagnostics in Valdosta, GA and Miller County Hospital in Colquitt, GA. Dr. Pendergraph received his MSPH from the University of Kentucky in Lexington, his PhD in medical parasitology and mycology from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill and his law degree with a concentration in health care law from Concord Law School, Kaplan University. He also did a Fellowship in Tropical Medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He is the author of a textbook in phlebotomy, a number of scientific articles, plus internet training programs. Dr. Pendergraph serves on the advisory committee for medical technology program at Thomas University. He is licensed as a laboratory director in the States of Georgia and Florida.