Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Ethical issues in Health Care
- Definition of Ethics
- Ethical Issues In Healthcare
- Allocation of Resources
- Privacy and Confidentiality of Patient Information
- Protected Health Information (PHI) and HIPAA Privacy Rule
- De-identification of Patient Information
- Conflict of Interest
- Scenario OneYour department supervisor has informed you that the budget for your department supplies has been frozen and is encouraging everyone to li...
- Scenario TwoYou work in the emergency department (ED) of the local hospital. A woman from your neighborhood is brought by ambulance to the ED. That ni...
- Scenario ThreeYou are the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging at a hospital that is part of a healthcare system. You have been asked to present on the topic...
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures
- Professional Competence
- Responding to Occurrences and Documentation of Corrective Actions
- Scenario FourA new piece of equipment has been introduced into your department. The equipment will be used in the patient care environment. What are y...
- Scenario FiveYou work as a phlebotomist in an outpatient clinic. Several employees have called in sick today, leaving you and one of your colleagues w...
- Professional Behaviors
- Professional Characteristics and Behaviors
- Report Reckless or Unethical Behavior
- Whistleblower Policy
- Scenario SixYou have been working as a night-shift nurse in the local hospital for three weeks. A patient call button has been pressed just as your co...
- Scenario SevenYou work in patient scheduling. One of the quality initiatives for your department is improvement in wait time from request for appointm...
Target audience: This course is intended for all healthcare professionals who, directly or indirectly, impact patient care.