Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Ergonomic Evaluation
- The scientific study of human response to work demand is referred to as which of the following?
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Ergonomic Strategies
- Learn to Use Your "Ergonomic Eye"
- Body Position
- Ergonomic Guidelines for Computer Users
- Examine the image on the right. What problems can you see that may result in MSDs for this healthcare worker if her job involves frequent use of the c...
- Guidelines for Lifting, Lowering, and Carrying
- Which of the following is NOT a good work practice?
- Your Ergonomic Assessment
- Work Station
- Posture and Exercises
- What is the recommended reach radius for items that are used routinely at your work station?
- Scenario #1
- Scenario #2
- Scenario #3Jim spends most of his workday sitting on a stool at the pharmacy counter. The image on this page illustrates how he routinely sits. Lately...
- Which of the following could be an ergonomic hazard?
- The Ergonomics Program
Level of instruction: Basic
Intended Audience: Health care personnel who have an interest in this subject matter. This course is also appropriate for healthcare students and residents.
Author information: Tanya Barrett, MT(ASCP) is the Laboratory Information System and Point-of-Care Coordinator for St. Francis Medical Center and St. Francis North Hospital in Monroe, Louisiana and a faculty member for the Medical Center's School of Medical Technology
. She also serves as the laboratory's Safety Officer and has over 40 hours of training in Occupational Safety.
Reviewer information: Paula Crawford, CLS(NCA), MT(ASCP) is a blood bank technologist at St. Francis Medical Center in Monroe, Louisiana. She is also a faculty member at St. Francis Medical Center's School of Medical Technology.
Course description: This course explores general ergonomic issues that may be a concern for any worker and specific ergonomic issues that are specifically related to the laboratory work environment. The course also discusses actions that can be taken to prevent musculoskeletal disorders that are job related.