Finally, the interview process should include any witnesses of the event(s). Interviewing should start by recounting the event(s) including date / time provided by the complainant. Next, request that the witnesses provide their own details of the event(s). Questions that can be utilized to successfully ascertain this information include:
- What did you see or hear?
- When did this occur?
- Describe the alleged Harasser’s behavior toward the complainant and toward others in the workplace.
- Does witness know if complainant told alleged harasser that conduct was unwelcome? How does witness know?
- Did witness and complainant discuss the harassment/hostile work environment? When/what was substance of conversation?
- Did you observe any actions by the complainant regarding harassment? If so, what, where, when did you observe?
- Do you know of any other relevant information?
- Are there other persons who have relevant information?
*Questions quoted from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission