TB Infection Control in the Laboratory
- The laboratory director is responsible for the development of a risk-based infection control plan for the laboratory.
- The personnel are trained in methods that minimize the production of aerosols.
- The personal protective equipment that is specified in the infection control plan is used consistently.
- A respirator is used when performing procedures that can result in aerosolization outside a biological safety cabinet.
- Disposable gloves are worn for all laboratory procedures.