Laboratory administration has these responsibilities:
- Communicate compliance policies, procedures, standards of conduct to all employees and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Act on reported problems and suspect activities.
- Resolve problems and ensure they don't recur. Take appropriate and fair disciplinary actions against all involved.
- Report to the appropriate government agency when necessary.
- Promptly return money received from the government to which the laboratory is not entitled.
- Audit the laboratory's policies and procedures to ensure they are being followed and that they work.