Whistleblowers are employees who sue their companies because they have detected illegal activities.
- They usually have tried to report with no success.
- Whistleblowers are protected from retaliation by the False Claims Act.
- They cannot be fired or disciplined because of the suit.
- They do not have to tell the company they have filed suit.
- They do not have to leave the company after they have filed suit.
- Whistleblowers often remain on the job and continue to gather evidence for their case.