Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- CDC Guidelines
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Risk Categories
- Tuberculosis Control Plan
- Tuberculosis Control Plan, continued
- Health Care Worker (HCW) Tuberculosis Screening
- Match the recommended frequency for TB screening of a health care worker with the risk category of the health care setting from the drop-down box:
- Methods of Control
Level of Instruction: Basic.
Intended Audience: All clinical laboratory personnel.
Author information: Aileen Hyde, MS, MT(ASCP) is a free-lance science writer in the Atlanta, GA area. She has a particular interest in prevention of infectious disease after working in research and quality management positions in the biotechnology industry. She has a bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, Tennessee and a master's degree in Physiology from Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, California.
Reviewer Information: Barbara Cebulski, MS, MLS(ASCP) has over 40 years of experience in the medical laboratory profession as a technologist, section supervisor, and laboratory manager. She was an Inspection and Technical Specialist for nine years with the College of American Pathologists in the Laboratory Accreditation Program and, until her retirement in 2015, was Program Director for MediaLab, Inc. Barbara holds a Masters in Instructional Technology from Georgia State University.