The information generated should show concrete evidence that there is little to no likelihood of repeat occurrence of the non-conformity. When planning to verify effectiveness of a corrective action, consider:
- Does the action remove the identified root cause or simply address the symptoms?
- Was the action plan fully implemented?
- Were procedures revised or developed?
- Is the action appropriate for the degree of risk previously established?
- Has monitoring of the process been established?
- Does the action create new risks or non-conformities?
- Does the action adversely affect the final product/service?
- Has the problem reoccurred?