While this list is not all-inclusive, it covers the basic behaviors expected of all healthcare professionals.
- Cooperative: Works with other health care team members in order to achieve common goals
- Dependable: Performs job functions in a reliable manner
- Uses good judgement: Makes ethical decisions
- Honest: Is truthful and does not mislead others
- Patient-centered: Focuses on the welfare and safety of the patient when performing job functions and making decisions
- Respectful: Is considerate and courteous
- Efficiently manages time and resources: Recognizes that inefficiency wastes resources, results in rework, and may lead to errors that affect patient care