While at work, there are a few simple precautions you can take to help keep your lab as safe as possible:
- Keep security entrances locked.
- Don’t let others borrow your keys or access card.
- Don’t let someone enter the work area without proper identification.
- If you see someone in your area that is unknown to you, check their identification to make sure that they have permission to be in the area.
- Report any suspicious personnel or activities.
- Account for all supplies and specimens entering or leaving your facility.
- Report gaps in security measures such as broken windows, security lighting outages.