Access to computer systems must be password protected. Please read and understand the password recommendations below, but remember, you must follow your own facility's specific password policies and procedures.
- Keep passwords secret; do not share them with others.
- Memorize passwords to avoid having to write them down.
- Create strong passwords which:
- Are at least 7 characters long.
- Are not dictionary words or easily recognizable proper nouns.
- Include upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
Change passwords regularly. Never select "remember my password" if prompted by Windows to do so.