Selected cells were chosen that are D-negative because Anti-D is strongly suspected. Remember in the original panel that C, E, K, Fyb, Jka, Leb and S could not be ruled out. The results are below.
- Cell #1 is homozygous positive for C, K and Leb
- Cell #3 is homozygous positive for E, Fyb, Jka, and Leb
- Cell #4 is homozygous positive for C, E, and K
- Cell #6 is homozygous positive for E, Fyb, Jka, and Leb
- Cells #2 and 5 are positive for S and are reacting with the patient serum.
Rule-outs are highlighted in blue.
Second antibody identified based on panel cells 2 and 5 : S
The patient has Anti-D and Anti-S.
Refer to the following page for an explanation on varying strengths of S.