This course reviewed some of the key learning goals relevant to HDFN and its investigation, prevention, and treatment.
More specifically, the course reviewed the following topics:
- Historical aspects of HDFN due to anti-D and its prevention;
- HDFN due to antibodies in the ABO, Rh, and other blood group systems;
- Clinical symptoms and associated laboratory test results in HDFN;
- Best practices related to perinatal testing programs to prevent and diagnose HDFN;
- Characteristics and uses of RhIg;
- Interpretation of typical serologic test results when investigating HDFN.
Before taking the final quiz, for each of the above topics, list as many of the key learning points that you can recall, then review topics that need more study.
As well, re-read the learning objectives at the start of the course as these determine assessment questions.
It's also worthwhile to read the literature and online resources in Further Reading as these reinforce key points, add to the depth of learning, and enrich the course materials.