Viewing risk management as a process helps set priorities and assists in ensuring a comprehensive risk management effort. There are several different approaches to the risk management process. The approach that is proposed in this course includes these five steps:
- Identify and assess risks.
- Consider alternative risk management treatments.
- Select what appears to be the best risk management treatment or combination of treatments.
- Implement the selected treatment(s).
- Monitor and improve the risk management program.