It is very important to make sure the right people are gathered to analyze the event and determine a root cause and contributing factors.
The team should:
- Not include individuals who were directly involved in the event.
- Interview individuals involved in the event.
- Have multidisciplinary representation
- Have some members with knowledge of the processes surrounding the event.
- Have some neutral observers.
- Be knowledgeable in skills for problems solving and team dynamics.
- Be committed to the time needed to complete the process