1. Document the Event
- Error reporting form intitiated and the event recorded in the Error Log.
- Immediate Actions - Contacted physician to inform them of the unacceptable specimen
- Classification - Pre-Analytical Error
- Severity/Probability - Level 1 (Minor/Frequent)
3. Root Cause Analysis - Not Required
4/5. Action Plan - Not applicable
6. Evaluate Effectiveness - Not applicable
Data should be monitored for these error situations and if a large number occur, consideration should be given to perform a root cause analysis for the aggregate information. An Action Plan would be developed based on the assessment of the aggregate data.