Sales Proposals and Discounts
- All sales offerings and/or written proposals must be in compliance with policies or guidelines or pre-approved by the sales manager or compliance officer.
- The manner in which a sales or marketing person presents a discount of special price is as important as the amount of the discount.
- Sales and marketing employees must be very aware of the language used during the sales process to insure the customer understands exactly what is being offered.
- The offering of an illegal discount is the same as actually giving it.
- If a client solicits a questionable or illegal discount, it should be reported to the sales manager or compliance officer.