It is important to remember that the following are fatal flaws and can cause the specimen not to be tested:
- Number on Custody and Control Form and security strips do not match.
- Security strip on the specimen vial is broken or shows evidence of tampering.
- Quantity of urine needed is not sufficient.
The following are flaws that may be corrected by either sending a signed statement or a Memorandum for Record to the laboratory:
- The collector printed his or her name, but forgot to sign the CCF.
- The collector checked the temperature of the specimen, but forgot to note this fact on the CCF.