All collection sites must meet the following security requirements:
- Must be able to prevent unauthorized access to the site during collection.
- Ensure that the donor does not have access to items that could be used to adulterate or dilute the specimen (eg, soap, water, cleaning agents, etc.)
- Secure faucets, toilet tank tops, and other appropriate areas with tamper-evident tape if necessary.
- Ensure that the donor is at all times under the supervision of the collector or other collection site personnel.
- Provide for the secure handling and storage of specimens.