Special Licenses

Need multiple seats for your university or lab? Get a quote
The page below is a sample from the LabCE course Laws and Rules of the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel. Access the complete course and earn ASCLS P.A.C.E.-approved continuing education credits by subscribing online.

Learn more about Laws and Rules of the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel (online CE course)
Special Licenses

The Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel also licenses public health laboratory personnel, training programs, trainees (those participating in training programs), continuing education programs, and temporary licenses for spouses of active duty military personnel. Each of these special licenses has requirements that are described in the regulations and/or statutes.
  • Public health laboratory scientists can only work in a public health laboratory.
  • Trainees are registered to participate in Board-approved training programs in order to gain laboratory experience.
  • Training programs are licensed in order to make sure that they meet certain standards and provide appropriate training.
  • Continuing education providers are approved by the Board after submitting information to CEBroker, the organization that is designated to keep all laboratory personnel's continuing education records for the Department of Health.
  • By statute a spouse of an active duty member of the Armed Forces, assigned to a duty-station in Florida, may be issued a special temporary license. The license is valid for only one year. The Florida Department of Health maintains a page on its website addressing this law and others concerning active duty personnel, spouses of active duty personnel, and veterans seeking to obtain laboratory personnel licensure in the State of Florida. It may be accessed at: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=456.024&URL=0400-0499/0456/Sections/0456.024.html