Common Sense Rules, continued
Also remember to:
- Learn basic first aid measures.
- Read chemical labels.
- Read safety data sheets (SDSs).
- Follow warnings and instructions.
- Use the correct engineering controls and personal protective equipment.
- Practice sensible, safe work habits.
- Be knowledgeable about your laboratory's chemical hygiene plan and the location in your laboratory of all reference materials on the hazards, safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous chemicals, including the location of SDSs.
- Know the location of the eyewash stations that are closest to the areas where chemicals are handled and know how to use the eyewash correctly.
- Know the location of spill kits.