The Florida statutes require renewal of laboratory personnel licenses every two years. Currently the licensure cycle runs from September 1 of the even numbered years to August 31, of the next even numbered years. For example: September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2018. All licenses expire at the same time. If you obtain a license in the middle of the cycle, your license will expire on August 31 of the next even numbered year along with everyone else.
Active to Active Fees Effective for 2018 renewal
(Not applicable to public health license renewal)
- Director: $130 + $5.00*
- Supervisor: $110 + $5.00*
- Technologist: $90 + $5.00*
- Technician: $50 + $5.00*
* Fla. Stat. § 456.065(3)(2015) requires the Department of Health to impose a fee of $5.00 per licensee to fund efforts to combat unlicensed activity.
Licenses may be renewed by mail or online (you are encouraged to do the latter). To renew online, go to http://floridasclinicallabs.gov/
. You will need a username and password. This should have been mailed to you with your initial physical license. Help in this regard may be obtained by calling the Customer Contact Center (850-488-0595, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday
) or emailing email@example.com
. If you renew by mail, the address is Division of Medical Quality Assurance, P. O. Box 6320, Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
You may renew online if:
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is NOT in "Military, Active" status.
You may renew by mail if:
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashier’s check or money order because you do not have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change.
- Your license is in "Military, Active" status.
In addition to completing an application form you must have completed 24 hours of continuing education from a Board-approved provider. This will be discussed in a later section.