Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Aneuploidy and Trisomy
- Aneuploidy and Trisomies
- Down Syndrome
- Edwards Syndrome
- Patau Syndrome
- Which of the following are true statements?
- Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21)
- Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21):
- Down Syndrome, continued
- Current Screening and Diagnostic Tests for Down Syndrome and other Trisomies
- Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT): Cell-free Fetal DNA (cfDNA)
- Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) using Cell-free Fetal DNA (cfDNA)
- Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing (MPSS)
- Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing (MPSS): Cloning of cDNA Fragments on Microbeads
- Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing (MPSS): Sequencing Process and Analysis of Sequence Patterns
- Directed DNA Analysis
- Commercially-Available cfDNA Prenatal Tests for Aneuploidy
- Which of the following statements are true regarding cell-free fetal DNA (cfDNA) testing? (choose all that apply)
- Which of the following statements accurately describe the currently available cfDNA prenatal tests for fetal aneuploidy?
- The FIRST step in the massively parallel signature sequencing (MPSS) technique involves in vitro cloning of _________on microbeads.
- Updated Recommendations on NIPT For Fetal Aneuploidy
Level of instruction: Intermediate
Intended Audience: Medical laboratory scientists, medical technologists, and technicians. This course is also appropriate for medical laboratory science students and pathology residents.
Author information: David Moffa, PhD, has over 30 years of experience in the health care industry as an executive manager, clinical laboratory director, and medical laboratory scientist. He is currently a technical consultant for Kentmere Healthcare, Wilmington, DE, and until his retirement, was the Regional Director for LabCorp, Inc. He holds a PhD in medical biochemistry from the School of Medicine, West Virginia University.
Reviewer information: Prior to her retirement in 2012, Jenny Camele was employed by Laboratory Corporation of America as the manager of customer service operations for the Fairmont West Virginia Region and a Quality Assurance committee member. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology from West Virginia University.